One of my favourite things to cook is actually a recipe that I stumbled upon during my time as a vegetarian back in January. I found this recipe for Sweet Potato Risotto on Student Recipes, which I think is an amazing website for easy recipes, which are written by other students!
I've adapted the recipe slightly to suit my own tastes, so here is what you will need:
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1/2 an onion, diced.
- 125g arobotio risotto rice
- White wine (half a glass)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon
- Grated cheddar (as much as you like)
- The sweet potato can roast whilst you cook the risotto. Chop it into bitesize pieces, coat them in oil, and stick them in the oven at 200 degrees. I normally set a timer for 20mins, as the potato is normally done by that time!
- Heat some oil in a pan and add a little paprika, add the onion and fry.
- Add the risotto rice, stirring continuously until it is coated in the oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir.
- Add the wine, and keep stirring until it has bubbled away, then reduce the heat.
- Add the vegetable stock, little by little, waiting until the rice has soaked it up before adding more. (by this point the sweet potato is normally done, so take that out of the oven)
- Keep cooking until all the stock is gone.
- The rice should be soft, but it depends on how you like it!
- Add the sweet potato and stir in the cheese.
This recipe is so simple, and it really made me fall in love with risotto. Please let me know in the comments if you give this a go!